AeroSpace Cornwall is a programme which promotes research, development and innovation (RD&I), funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Cornwall Council. It is delivered by Cornwall Development Company (CDC), an arm’s-length economic development provision of Cornwall Council and part of the Corserv Limited group of companies. AeroSpace Cornwall offers technical and commercial support for businesses across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly who are developing new products, services and technologies which could add value to the space and aerospace sectors.
The programme, which runs from December 2019 to December 2022, will support at least sixty businesses through grants and specialist business support whilst leveraging £1,375,639 of match funding from the private sector. It aims to;
AeroSpace Cornwall also supports inward investors to collaborate with businesses across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, through soft landing packages and investment incentives. AeroSpace Cornwall works closely with other programmes (Cornwall Trade & Investment and Spaceport Cornwall) to ensure businesses experience a ‘joined up’ approach to support and funding and to ensure the overall messaging about Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly is aligned.
AeroSpace Cornwall works with manufacturing and engineering businesses who are, or aspire to be, part of the space / aerospace supply chains and digital businesses such as those developing software applications in the satellite communications, earth observation, navigation and meteorology areas.
The AeroSpace Cornwall team wish to commission a single contractor to:
• Promote the AeroSpace Cornwall ERDF RD&I funding mechanism and its benefits to a local, national and international audience.
• Champion the businesses that benefit from the AeroSpace Cornwall funding and support, and the RD&I projects that they undertake.
• Promote the capability of the Cornwall’s aerospace and space innovation clusters to global supply chains.
• Reinforce Cornwall’s credibility in the space sector through promotion of the ‘Cornwall Space’ Cluster.
• Increase the awareness of AeroSpace Cornwall presence at, or sponsorship of, global events and promote the businesses who are supported by AeroSpace Cornwall to attend events.
A budget has been set for this commission of £35,000 (excluding VAT) for PR services until 30 September 2022.
How to apply
For full tender details and information on how to apply visit the Contracts Finder website.